A green community...

Come grow with us!

Partner Provided Services

The Stormwater Management Division of Prince George's County Department of the Environment maintains storm drains throughout the Town. 

STREETLIGHTSStreetlight - Copy - Copy
co maintains streetlights in Town that are on wooden poles.  To report a streetlight outage to Pepco please call 1-877-737-2662.  For more information regarding Pepco's streetlight reporting process, please click here.

The Town maintains streetlights on the black metal poles.  Please call 301-864-1803 to report a streetlight outage.

The road network in Town is maintained by various government agencies. 

Prince George's County Roads

Prince George’s County’s Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T) is responsible for nearly 2,000 miles of County-maintained roadways. These roadways are identified by names only.  To report a concern or problem associated with a County-maintained roadway, please call CountyClick at 311, Monday - Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., or online, which is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To report an emergency after normal business hours, please call 301-324-2710.

State Roads
The State Highway Administration (SHA) is responsible for State roads. State roads are identified by a route number and a name. For assistance with problems on State roads, please call 301-513-7300.

Town Roads
The Town is responsible for streets that are included within the town limits except for the major thoroughfares through Town that are maintained by either the State or the County. If you are not sure if a road is classified as a State, County or a municipality responsibility, call CountyClick at 311 for help in identifying the roadways.

In addition, a small number of roadways are private or designated "other public." These roadways are maintained by the property owners whose properties are adjacent to the road.


Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) maintains water mains throughout the Town. To report a water or sewer emergency, contact WSSC at or at 301-206-4002.