Celebrating Business Initiative
This initiative celebrates new and existing businesses operating in the Town of Riverdale Park. Grand Openings and anniversaries (5-year increments) are celebrated through this initiative. Eligible applicants include any for-profit or non-profit business within the commercial, industrial, or mixed-use zones in Town and must be compliant with all State, County, and Town requirements. All taxes and fees must be current at the time of application.
The Town would provide the following services for eligible applicants:
1. Grand Opening / Anniversary Celebration Flyer emailed to dignitaries;
2. Event announcement published on the Town’s website;
3. Free one-quarter page (or greater, depending on several variables) advertisement published in the Town Crier, highlighting the Grand Opening or Anniversary Celebration, and including a brief profile (subject to staff review);
4. Event published on the Town of Riverdale Park’s Facebook page, including a posted photo of the event;
5. Grand Opening Ribbon (only for Grand Openings);
6. Proclamation from the Mayor, welcoming the new business or recognizing the anniversary of an existing business.
All programs and initiatives are subject to funding availability and the Town reserves the right to amend, modify or cancel this program at any time with or without notice.
1) Applications must be completed online or mailed to Town Hall (5008 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737) or sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) A staff team will review the applications and make recommendations for funding to the Mayor and Council.
3) Grantees will be notified of the award.
4) The Town will disburse the approved grants.
Prior to submitting this application please note:
● Grantees must operate their business within the corporate limits of the Town of Riverdale Park and must be in compliance with all Federal, State, County and Town laws, codes, rules and regulations at the time of application and remain in compliance throughout the funding period.
● Grantees of this program cannot receive grant funding from other Town grant programs within the fiscal year. However, grant awardees may be eligible to receive assistance from the Town’s economic development initiative grants.
● Businesses must have an executed lease and are open and fully operational prior to the disbursement of grant funds.
● Grantees must continue to operate within the Town of Riverdale Park at least one (1) year after receiving this grant. Grantees who fail to comply with this provision will be subject to recoupment by the Town for the full grant amount.
• Grant funds are administered as a reimbursement. Grantees are required to submit proof of expenditures that match the grant application. Please contact the Office of Development Services at 240-825-5333 for any questions about this grant program.