Yard Waste & Leaf Collection
Yard waste services are provided by the town's contractor, Bates Trucking and Trash Removal, Inc., and is collected throughout Town on Mondays. Yard waste should be at curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Placed in paper bags or reuseable bins that are clearly marked "Yard Waste"; or
- If branches and limbs, be bundled with rope or string (do not use wire) and must be less than 4 feet long (if longer, please break down to appropriate length); and indivudal branches must be less than 3 inches in diameter (if thicker, please break down to appropriate thickness)
- All branches, limbs, and bundles must weigh less than 60 pounds.
NOTE: Bamboo is prohibited and must be disposed of as residential trash.
The Town's fall leaf collection services will begin in early fall and run through January, weather permitting. DPW will also vacuum leaves from Town streets during that time.
In order to make the leaf collection process work as efficiently as possible, residents are encouraged to:
- Rake leaves to the curb. Pile leaves away from cars and storm drains. The leaf vacuum cannot reach around cars.
- Remove tree limbs, rocks and other debris from leaves to be collected. They can damage the equipment and cause delays.
- Put bagged leaves (in paper bags or containers clearly marked as "Yard Waste") out on Mondays with yard waste. Do not place bagged leaves with regular trash.