Leaf Collection – Bagged leaves are picked up on Wednesdays with other yard waste.
- Leaf vacuuming service is provided by the Department of Public Works from September 15th – January 15th.
- Leaf vacuum collection dates will be posted in the Town Crier. Signs are posted prior to collection the following week.
- Rake leaves to the curb. Pile leaves away from cars and storm drains. The leaf vacuum cannot reach around cars.
- Remove tree limbs, rocks and other debris from leaves to be collected. They can damage the equipment and cause delays.
- Noise and dust may be noticeable. Dry conditions generate more dust. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- If you bag leaves, please put them out on Wednesdays with the yard waste. Do not put them out with regular trash.
- Leaf vacuum service is provided only in the fall.
TREE AND LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE
The Department of Public Works maintains the town's urban forest by pruning, planting and removing trees as necessary. The town continues its partnership with the Maryland Urban and Community Forest Committee and the Maryland DNR Forest Service, by participating in its People Loving and Nurturing Trees (P.L.A.N.T.) Community Awards Program. Annual flower rotations are installed and maintained throughout the town.
PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS
Following is a list of the parks and playgrounds maintained by the Town of Riverdale Park.
Field of Dreams, Veteran's Memorial Park, Mable Munch Park, Sheridan Street Park at Lafayette Avenue, Sheridan Street Park at 47th Avenue, Oliver Street Park at Route 1, Oliver Street Park at Lafayette Avenue, and 47th Avenue Parks at Madison Street
All other parks and playgrounds are owned and maintained by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). Call 301-918-4700 for maintenance requests.
In addition to its normal street division responsibilities, the Department of Public Works also performs cleaning services around the town's storm drain inlets to help prevent clogs. For drainage problems, please contact Prince George's County Storm Drain Section on 301-499-8530.