Town Trash Services
Bulk trash items can be scheduled for pick-up by Bates on Wednesdays. Please call Bates between Thursdays 9am – Tuesdays 2pm to get on the list for that Wednesday’s service. Bates phone number is 301-773-2069.
Saturday Bulk Trash Drop-off at the DPW building - Bulk items can be dropped off at the Public Works facility on the 3rd Saturday of every month (except May), from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The Department of Public Works building is located at 5012 Queensbury Road.
This will be a contactless drop-off. Residents are required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth and to bring someone with them who can assist with unloading.
- Furniture: bookcases, chairs, end tables, bed frames, loveseats, dressers, coffee tables, tables, desks
- Large Yard Toys/Yard Ornaments
- Carpet and Carpet Padding: no larger than 10x20, rolled and tied at both ends
- Large Appliances: refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, freezers
- Small Household Appliances: toasters, toaster ovens, and microwaves, blenders, lamps
- Covered mattresses
- Bagged trash
- A/C units
- Water heaters
- Hazardous waste
- Animal carcasses
- Automobile parts
- Compressed cylinders
- Construction material
- Demolition debris
- Glass: windows, mirrors, etc.
- Roofing shingles
- Yard waste: stumps/logs, etc.