Town Trash Services in the Aftermath of Floods
In areas that were impacted by the flooding, the Town will continue collecting discarded items damaged by the recent flooding through Friday, October 9th at 2:00 p.m. Residents are asked to have flood damaged items at the curb for pick-up by 2 p.m. There is no pick-up on the weekends.
Saturday Bulk Trash Drop-off at the DPW building has been expanded to from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. through September 26th. Appointments are no longer necessary and there are no limits on the number of items dropped off.
The Department of Public Works building is located at 5012 Queensbury Road.
This will be a contactless drop-off. Residents are required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth and to bring someone with them who can assist with unloading.
- Furniture: bookcases, chairs, end tables, bed frames, loveseats, dressers, coffee tables, tables, desks
- Large Yard Toys/Yard Ornaments
- Carpet and Carpet Padding: no larger than 10x20, rolled and tied at both ends
- Large Appliances: refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, freezers
- Small Household Appliances: toasters, toaster ovens, and microwaves, blenders, lamps
- Covered mattresses
- Bagged trash
- A/C units
- Water heaters
- Hazardous waste
- Animal carcasses
- Automobile parts
- Compressed cylinders
- Construction material
- Demolition debris
- Glass: windows, mirrors, etc.
- Roofing shingles
- Yard waste: stumps/logs, etc.
Bulk trash items can be scheduled for pick-up by Bates on Wednesdays. Please call Bates between Thursdays 9am – Tuesdays 2pm to get on the list for that Wednesday’s service. Bates phone number is 301-773-2069.